Wednesday, October 2, 2013

18 weeks and no news is good news

I'm two days shy of hitting the 18 week mark, and I have to report, I have very little to report. My spotting stopped three or four weeks ago, thank goodness. I had very, very cautious sex and nothing happened, other than me getting bored, so a couple of weeks ago while on vacation, I gave in, shut my eyes, and made love the way normal people do (or at least, normal for a semi-cautious pregnant person who might also be considered a basket case). Then, I only checked my underwear every five minutes for the next two days, ha ha. But the spotting has stayed away, and I am so beyond grateful.

My weight was up about six pounds two weeks ago, and then I got a bad cold and I think I stopped eating. I drank a lot of tea but it was hard to breathe and eat at the same time. Anyway, I lost a few pounds and didn't realize it immediately. I am now back up to what my weight had been, but I feel very small. No one can even tell I am pregnant. Naked, I just look like I had a big meal. Sigh. I know it's not good to be pregnancy-belly greedy, but I think having a belly would make this feel more real. I go to prenatal yoga and feel like a faker. Oh well.

Nothing else much to report. I have pretty much no symptoms, which is something I'm grateful for. Other than exhaustion and then spotting and then anxiety, I really have had about the easiest pregnancy I've heard of. My next checkup is in two weeks, and the 20 week anatomy scan is two weeks from tomorrow.

My heart goes out to friends who are still trying to conceive, both real-life friends and those I've followed on the internet blogs for so long. I still feel more infertile than pregnant, though I suppose that shift will continue as this goes along. I miss my support group, though of course I'm glad to have graduated. I do often wonder if there's anything I can do to still support infertility awareness and funding. Things to think about in the future...




4 comments:

  1. (: No news is good news indeed. I'm so glad the spotting has stopped! Keep sailing smoothly, woooo xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it's going very well!!!
    My clinic is setting me up for an FET, and I was curious about Atlanta's protocol. Did Atlanta use lupron for you? -Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I didn't do a FET- the eggs were frozen previously, but the sperm was fresh, so the embryos were not considered frozen (though the extras are now). But yes, I was on Lupron for a few weeks. I detail my protocol in the May 8th entry, if that helps. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! My clinic wants to do an "unmedicated" start. Ads in estrogen & progesterone after I use pee sticks to tell when I ovulate. Till now I've always used Lupron & I'm pretty skeptical. I'm thinking seriously about going to Atlanta if this cycle doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete