Thursday, December 8, 2011

New Doctor

The clinic called me at the end of the day on Monday, to ask if we wanted to bump our appointment up to Wednesday morning. Of course!

I know it's ridiculous, but I was so nervous/anxious/excited on Wednesday morning. I had an upset stomach and could barely eat breakfast. I changed my outfit twice. Isn't that silly?

Anyway, finally it was 11 am and time for our appointment, and I met B over there to meet with Dr. F. We were in his office for 50 minutes! He kind of summarized the situation so far, including that we've never had absolute confirmation that the Clomid did anything perfect, since we've never had a good ultrasound. So, I'll finish this cycle (day 15 today- no ovulation yet) and then start Femara/Letrozole for next cycle. My 5th cycle of Clomid will be my last.

Also, we'll do an HCG test (an x-ray to check for anatomy problems). Since we'll be in Mexico and Chicago at the beginning of next cycle, we'll do that at the end of January (start of cycle 7). He also did an ovarian reserve test, although I think I've already had that test (but no records in my file). I'm going for an ultrasound around day 14 of the first Femara cycle (around January 4th) and a week later I'll meet with Dr. F again about the results, and how I am doing on Femara. If things look good, I'll stay on it up to 3 months.

If things don't look good on Femara, I'm going to talk to him about IVF. I feel like it might be time. Or at least, just a couple of tries with injectables. But from my research, IVF might be the way to go. As he said, this really is messing with my life plans. It'll have been a year by the time I meet with him in January. I'm ready to move on.

So, overall the appointment went as well as can be expected. B and I both like this new doctor. And then, last night he CALLED me AT HOME at 8:00 pm! "Just to see if I had any questions or had come up with any since our meeting." I was shocked. 8 pm and he's calling his patients to "check in"?? Wow. I think, for the first time, I can say that I love my doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment