Monday, February 6, 2012

IVF Decisions

Today I contacted AttainIVF and told them I'm ready to move forward. They are sending an application to my clinic to fill out, and I should be ready to start talking to the nurses by the end of this week. Last week I was in a fog of shock that this is really happening. For so long I have read all these fertility blogs but I never thought it would really, truly, actually be me someday. And now it is.

Thank goodness for my dad, who is paying. I mean, we will probably end up paying some of the costs (we've spent well over $1000 so far) but he has told me he will take care of the financials and I should focus on the medical side of things.

I have two more weeks (well, about 9-11 more days) of this cycle and then I'm not sure what will happen, but I expect the nurses will be in touch soon and we'll begin the next steps.

I've quit acupuncture for the time being, and will start with a therapist this Wednesday. For Brian's sake and my own, I am trying it, although I don't really want to.

In other news, all of the research I have done about my medical options has led me to start thinking about a business idea. A kind of personal medical researcher/advocate. I have to keep thinking about this. But for now, it's enough to focus on the IVF ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment