Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Annoyance, and Waiting

I really enjoy a class at my gym called Body Pump. I like to go on Sunday afternoons, but sometimes my weekends get really busy and I end up missing the class. They offer a Monday evening Pump, and I used to attend that one sometimes.

Till about three or four months ago, due to the instructor. She is about my age, maybe younger, and had to mention EVERY song how she is pregnant. I mean, she was like 7 months pregnant at the time. It was OBVIOUS she was huge, yet she had to chirp before every song, "Well I won't be doing this move the same way as y'all, because I'M PREGNANT." Or "This move is really hard for me because I'M PREGNANT." UMMMM DUHHHH. I didn't mind seeing her pregnant belly, but hearing about it 10 times in an hour was too much for me. I quit going.

So months have gone by, and I figured she'd either be on maternity leave or be back to teaching again, post-baby. I went to the class last night, and there she was, no pregnant belly. Great! Except as luck would have it, it was her first class back at the gym after having her baby. And she had to mention it not once, not twice, but again, almost EVERY song. "This one is sooo hard because I didn't do it the whole time I was pregnant" or "Gosh this is nice again, after it was so hard while I was pregnant." I can understand one or two comments, but continuously? She never complained about pregnancy, so at least there was that. But omg, she had to TELL US her birthing details. NO ONE ASKED. She told us it took 3 hours, it was uncomplicated, no medical intervention, and she had a midwife. Like I give a flying fuck. Also, I learned that it was her second baby! For all the obsessive talking about BEING PREGNANT she used to do, I had assumed it was her first one. Geez.

In any case, now I know to definitely avoid the Monday class for a while longer. I wish there were a way to complain, but there really isn't. Sadly, although she is annoying as hell, it's a case of where it's me, not her, that is the issue.

In other news, I have no news. Today is day 24 of my cycle. I have been very bad. We tried conception sex every other day from day 13 to day 20, but I've still kept drinking. I never have been a huge drinker, but lately I've been upping it. I've had between 1 and 3 glasses of wine each night for the past two weeks, probably leaning more towards the 3 glasses. I used to not drink after ovulation, but frankly, the chances of it happening are so slim that I have pretty much given up. However, I probably should stop soon, just in case.

Anyway, I should get my period within the next week or so, and then I call Duke to set up blood test and the water sonogram thing (hydrosonogram?). I was terrified of it, but B, another woman in my support group, has reassured me a bit, as she just had hers at UNC today. I think I will take some Percocet and practice controlled breathing and try to get through it that way.

Will update again once I have news of my period and the next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment