Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hello, Old Frenemy

Been in a horrible slump the last few days, but late last night my old frenemy (friend/enemy), my period, decided to finally return (day 38 of my cycle!).

Never been so happy to see it in my life.

I now have two appointments scheduled at my new clinic: day 3 bloodwork and baseline ultrasound on Friday morning, and the dreaded water sonogram next Tuesday morning. I think I can do the Friday stuff alone, but of course B will come with me to the Tuesday appointment, where he will actually meet my new doctor and hopefully we will talk about the protocol for starting in January.

I am crampy and bloated and so, so happy to have gotten my period, and just hoping that I am cyst-free and can start as scheduled. What a huge relief.

Also, I feel kinda desperate, but I did call and schedule acupuncture sessions. I am starting in January, with three Thursday mornings set up. I would have liked to begin sooner, but we're leaving for our trip in 10 days, and it's just too crazy to try to do it now. I did not like my last experience with acupuncture, but most of it was the guy. This is all women, and a woman in my support group said they are great. They also work with my new clinic, which is nice. If I want to have a post-transfer session right at the clinic, they will do that. I don't know that I believe in it, and the studies are still contradictory at best, but perhaps it will help. Even if it can mitigate my anxiety during a cycle, that would be great. It's super expensive, but what part of this isn't. I guess it is worth a try. Whatever I can do differently this time, I will do. Hope this can be lucky #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment