Monday, December 10, 2012

New Clinic: Appointment #1

Went in on Friday for day 3 bloodwork and a baseline ultrasound. I'm still not totally clear on why I had to do an ultrasound, since I'm not cycling this time. But the doctor had asked for one, and besides, I always like confirmation that I have no new cysts.

In any case, everything was fine. I had a 7.5 size follicle on the left, and several on the right, with the lead one of 11.5. I did not get a total antral follicle count- forgot to ask, I was so relieved about the lack of cysts. I will ask when I am there tomorrow, meeting with my doctor. It was the nurse practitioner who did the scan on Friday. I really liked her. In fact, everything went pretty well at this new clinic. I only waited 7 minutes from when I arrived till I was checked in and led to an exam room. Everyone was polite. The room was nicer than my old clinic's rooms, with a smaller table to sit on and an, um, smaller sonogram wand. Everything was fast- in and out of there in less than 40 minutes.

No other news. Had a pretty good weekend, and didn't think too much about any of it. Tomorrow is the hydro sonogram. I was terrified of it, and I'm sure I will be nervous tonight, but after the stress of NOT getting my period, I am actually more relieved than nervous.

IVF makes you tough. Most people have sex to get pregnant. I go through repeated painful or at least uncomfortable procedures. Scans, retrievals, transfers, and a million shots and blood draws. To hear women complain about pap smears now makes me laugh. Most people who haven't done this can have no idea, no clue how much it is to go through (and let's not even get started on how much it costs- they fall over in shock at that).

So tomorrow is the hydro sonogram, also called the 3-D sono, and then we talk to my doctor about the results from Friday and the plan to go forward in January. I am looking forward to having these details settled. And then, on Saturday, we leave for our trip! Feeling excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment