Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 41

Last time my cycle was 38 days, so I expected something shorter this time. Maybe last month the birth control was still in my system, but with more time since I stopped taking it, it would be shorter this month- or so I thought.

Day 41 today and absolutely no sign of it coming soon.

I have been having some other health issues and been taking a ton of ibuprofen (a bad cold, and a muscle sprain or something in my chest), so I took a pregnancy test two days ago, just to make sure. Negative, as I was sure it would be. Just a really long, annoying cycle.

However, I am not as stressed as last time, because I am on no strict time deadline. Last time I was eager to get it, so I could have the testing done before my trip to Ecuador. This time, there's really no rush, other than just wanting to start IVF so I can finish IVF.

In other news, last Thursday I went to my first acupuncture session. I had that terrible cold, so lying still without wiping my nose every two seconds was a challenge! But I did okay, only lost one needle from my arm when I just had to blow my nose. I liked the place and the practitioner and think I will stick with it. It makes me feel like I am doing something positive for myself and preparing for IVF.

Not much else to say. Had a great trip to Ecuador, an annoying trip to see B's family in Cali, and am just a little restless lately, waiting for things to get going again. Will probably not update again until I have something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment