Saturday, June 2, 2012

We Are Everywhere

At the doctor's office on Friday (regular family doc) to get my stitches removed, the nurse noted which meds I am on, and noticed the Clomid. She asked about if I am pregnant, and I griped that no, I am not, and the Clomid sure isn't helping get my pregnant. She looked at me for awhile and then told me she'd tried for seven years. SEVEN years. She said she went to UNC also, and had IUIs, but never IVF. She wished me luck, and told me she thinks I will get pregnant (why??).

It was another reminder that although I feel surrounded by fertile people popping out babies at age 41 (my cousin, for one), there are plenty of sadder stories too. I'm not alone, though I feel like I am. The nurse who gave me my flu shot last fall and only ever had one baby after 2 1/2 years of trying, the nurse yesterday who had tried for seven years with no success. We are everywhere, and I hope that if I am a success story, I can figure out something to offer to other women and couples going through this horrible experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment