Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Failed, Again

Well, I failed my fourth cycle of Clomid. Looks like I'm not going to be getting preggers as easily as we had hoped.

It was disappointing, but not as crushing as some other months. I guess I didn't have high hopes after failing the previous three cycles. I know it's wrong to have these thoughts, but I just don't think I'm getting pregnant without a fight... a lot of money... and IVF.

Speaking of IVF, we have a doctor's appointment with a new doctor. I have always been unhappy with my care from Dr. M and so I've scheduled a visit with Dr. F, who comes highly recommended- and whom I also know from helping with EndNote (for the very book on infertility- if only I'd known...) about three years ago. We'll see if he remembers me. Doesn't really matter either way.

I have a lot of questions for him: mainly, what do we do next? I'm guessing he'll have me finish this 5th cycle of Clomid, maybe do a 6th (since I'll inconveniently be in Mexico for the beginning of this cycle), and then want us to try injections.

I'm not totally opposed to injections... but I also don't want to wait too long and go through this too much longer. We have the money, and as much as we don't want to spend it, I also would rather just do it now than waste time and money on a much less effective treatment.

So, I am anxiously awaiting Friday morning at 9:45. Also, for the first time ever, my husband is actually accompanying me to the visit. I feel like I need the support, and I also want him to hear our options so we can talk about it later, and not always have me relaying all the info. He's not excited about it, but not opposed to it. So, we will see. I hope Dr. F says something like, "Oh let's not waste time on injections. Let's do IVF in January, and we'll get you in the trial so it's half price anyway." Wouldn't that be great?

No comments:

Post a Comment