Friday, March 30, 2012

Healing Takes Time

Eight days after my surgery, and I am still healing. Dr. F said to tell work I'd be out 2-4 weeks, and I freaked out, and then promptly took only 7 days off of work. And actually, I went in for a half day today. So I was out a total of only 6 days.

I'm still very tired, and it still hurts to bend over, and I'm trying to avoid lifting things. But overall I am much better, and am only taking the Percocet at night, and a little Motrin about 3 times a day. I am still healing, but definitely on the way up.

I am looking forward to our appointment with Dr. F on Wednesday, to talk about next steps and what he thinks our chances will be now. I'd also like to know more about long-term management of endometriosis. I am feeling hopeful yet frustrated, and okay but disappointed. It comes and goes, shifts and changes.

And now, off to wake B for dinner. I'm trying to take it easy this weekend, but we also have some fun things planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment