Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Night of Stims (Round Two)

I woke up this morning to amazing news. K is pregnant! She is my good friend that I met through RESOLVE, and I've been talking to her and hanging out together throughout her entire cycle. I have been hoping and hoping things would work out for her, and they did! Sometimes it is hard to believe that IVF works for anyone, with all the months I've met women struggling with infertility, but K had success her very first try. I am slightly jealous, but more just totally happy and overjoyed for her and her husband. It's so wonderful for someone to have good news for once. Yay for her!

She is totally convinced it's a good omen for me, and last weekend while visiting B's friends in Brooklyn, Stacey was sure that being pooped on by a bird (!) and being around all the preggers people in her neighborhood would somehow wear off on me. Hm! I don't know about that, but I'll take what I can get.

Tonight was the first night of stims. I don't know if I will be on here as much as in last cycle. I feel less hopeful, but then again, K's positive today has sparked something in me again. I definitely feel less nervous, since I've done all this before and there aren't any surprises or fears that I had my first cycle. I will just do what I'm supposed to do, and hope and pray that it works. And if not, well, I have one more fresh cycle at least. Sigh.

The whole thing is very tiring. Fertility really does consume so much time and energy. The last month of taking a break has been a relief, though I am ready and grateful to be starting the process again. Here's to a successful second round!

No comments:

Post a Comment