Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 5

This morning we went in for my first check-up since starting stims. It's day 5, which means I've had 4 nights of shots already. I'm on 300 Follistim and 150 Menopur. I feel fine so far. A little tired, but not bad. And that could just be that it's winter, and cold, and I've been very busy lately. 

Anyway, the nurse practitioner just called. She started the call with, "Good news!" And she seemed totally fine with it, but my estradiol (also called E2) is only 88. 

It was 13 last week. She said all that matters is that it's risen.

But I feel funny- I mean, it was 99 on day 4 at my old clinic for my first cycle, and then 44 that second time I did IVF. And this is one day later than they tested at that clinic. So this number is higher than my second cycle, but lower than my first. 

Oh well. Nothing I can do but go back on Friday.

I'm pretty calm this time. I just feel resigned. What will happen will happen. I mean, I want to freak out, but I know it won't help.

The next two days are going to feel very, very slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment