Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Almost Became a Medical Error Statistic


When I spoke with the Fellow yesterday, he told me the time to trigger and the time to come to the clinic on Thursday morning. 

Something just didn't seem right.

I worried about it all evening, and today I called the IVF Nurse and apologized for second guessing them, and asked her if this can be right.

WELL I WAS RIGHT

THEY TOLD ME THE WRONG TIME

This could MESSED UP EVERYTHiNG.

Can you imagine, what if I had ovulated early and missed all those good eggs? I am so freaked out just thinking about what almost happened. If I hadn't already done two IVFs and known that it should be 36 hours and not 37, this whole thing could have ended in disaster. And I bet they would have not admitted their mistake either, but just said "Oh well you ovulated early."

I am still shaking just thinking about how badly this could have gone. This does not give me confidence in doctors.

1 comment:

  1. I keep feeling amazed, myself, at what the patient has to follow up on, in this process. DH doesn't get why I am so controlling about every process, and I have to keep reminding him of the times I've caught *insane* errors. It's exhausting. But in the end, when we're moms, we will forget about this stuff...(or not...)...

    ReplyDelete