Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baseline: Good News & Moving Ahead

Yesterday was baseline, and I have good news about it. I had 16 antral follicles! 14 on the right, and 2 on my lazy left ovary.

For comparison, my first IVF cycle I had 11 total, and my second cycle I had 8. So this is actually DOUBLE what I had my last cycle.

Now, I know that antral follicle counts do not necessarily have a direct correlation with success of a cycle, or quality of the embryos that will be formed. But, having more is certainly better than having less, especially in my low-producer situation. And this webpage is giving me hope: http://www.advancedfertility.com/antralfollicles.htm

I don't know why I have more this time. I know that there is some natural variation that can be expected, and I also wonder if resting for several months has given my ovaries time to recover and heal a bit more.

In any case, I am feeling hopeful again. My last birth control pill was yesterday, B and I both started doxy today, and I start shots on Saturday night. My first ultrasound scan will be next Wednesday. I had a stomach-ache going in yesterday; I can only imagine what a mess I will be next week for the first scan! I have desperate, high hopes that this period of resting, my higher antral follicle count, and the new drug protocol (Antagonist) at my new clinic will all work to make this a successful cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment