Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Trigger Day!

I haven't updated in awhile, not sure why. I've been emailing with friends to share my progress, and keeping track of it all in my little blue book (which Dr. M asked me about yesterday, as I was frantically writing down follicle sizes during my ultrasound- he probably thinks I am a totally neurotic weirdo). Here is my little blue book that goes everywhere with me nowadays:


And here is one page from inside, with my estradiol readings from all three of my IVF cycles:



Now, to sum up the past 4 days: on Friday we went in for an 8:45 appointment, where we saw that my follicles were continuing to grow but I was not showing a whole lot of improvement. I had 4-5 follicles measuring around 10mm. My lining was 6, which is thin but not terrible. I was disappointed, but later we learned my estrogen had doubled- which is a good sign. But it was still low, just 191, and you can see from the chart above that it was much higher my first cycle. 

We went back Sunday, and saw some improvement. My lining had gone up to 7, which is much better. Ideal for implantation is anything over 7, though somewhat higher is even better. As for follicles, they had really improved: I had six ones over 10mm, and two at 8.5mm, and about 4 under. They said I was getting very close. My lead follicle was 15.5*13, with some 13s and 11s. My estrogen came in at 489, which was a big step up from Friday. We were asked to come back again the next day to see about triggering.

So, we came back Monday, and things were looking even better. Lining was at 8.3, and I had a couple of follicles at 18 and 18.5 (lead one at 18.5*13.5), and a total of seven over 10mm, with six of those over 12mm. My estradiol came back at 765- a big jump, considering it was only 24 hours, not 48 hours like the others. 

To sum it all up, we decided to keep me on one more night of meds, but we dropped my Follistim to half what it has been. This morning was my last Ganerelix shot, and tonight I trigger at 7 pm. I go in for retrieval at 7:30 am on Thursday. Transfer will be Sunday.

I'm feeling really positive, much better than at the start of this cycle. This different protocol has led to similar results as my first cycle, but way, way better than my second cycle. Of course we won't know anything definite till retrieval, but I feel hope again. I also feel weepy- but that, of course, is mostly my high estrogen levels. I also want chocolate! And cookies! All the time! But I am trying to control myself  :)

In other news, my 97 year old granny is nearing the end. My mom just sent me this email, which is so sad. I had to put my head down and cry at work for a couple of minutes, but it's also such a sweet email too. My mom is wonderful and I hope I end up making this come true: 
"End of life is a very difficult thing.  I am hoping that the end of my mother's life will coincide with the start of my granchild's life.  Wouldn't that be a fitting gift of the cosmos? Did you know that you were conceived on my 32 birthday?  That is a cosmic gift too.

I am off to sit with granny for a bit now. 

I love you sooo much. you are wonderful.

xxxx ooo mom



No comments:

Post a Comment