Monday, May 6, 2013

And... We Have a Winner!

Well, it's official: we have a donor!

I submitted my top two choices on Saturday, and this morning I heard back that donor #2 is no longer available, but donor #1 is! So we sent back the official acknowledgement letter and she is ours! Ha ha. I guess I should say, 6 or 8 of her frozen eggs are soon to be ours.

I feel really, really happy. I know we have no guarantee of success, but I really like our choice of donor, and I feel really good about everything so far. Right now we're just waiting to see if B needs to be re-tested for a genetic chromosome thing that she might be a carrier for (he's already tested negative but they may want a more official test done, whatever). I'm hoping I can begin Lupron on cycle day 21 (next week) and go down to Atlanta in early to mid June.

This is all happening really fast. But it feels right.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete