Sunday, May 5, 2013

The beauty of this

I don't really want to post any more specifics about the donors I have selected, but I wanted to share a different donor's responses to the three questions I looked most carefully at in their profiles. This donor is not the one for us for other reasons, but her responses to the questions are worth sharing. To me, they point to the pure beauty of the gift of egg donation.


What is/are your reasons for wanting to donate eggs?
 I have 3 beautiful incredibaly healthy children, my sister in-law can't conceive and seeing the pain of that has made me want to
be able to give the gift of pregnancy to a deserving family

If you could pass on a message to the recipient(s) of your eggs, what would that message be?
 I can't imagine the hurt that you must have had to go through up till this point. I hope you soon learn the joys of a baby growing
inside you. I want to give you that gift. This egg is not mine, it is yours, I want you to consider it that was well!

If you could write a message to the child born through your participation as an egg donor for when he/she turns 18 years old, what
would you tell him/her?
 A mother is the person that holds you when you cry, rocks you as a baby, and loves you unconditionally. Genetics do not
"make" you, the only make your existence possible. I gave my genetics to a family that wanted to help a baby grow

3 comments:

  1. Oh! This is makes tears spring to my eyes. I'm speechless. I didn't expect these heartfelt notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this brought tears to my eyes. I absolutely love that the donors answer questions like these as part of the profiles you receive. I try to explain to people that typically donors are incredibly selfless givers of a beautiful ingredient, and not out to make a quick buck (seriously, who would want to make extra money this way???), but I don't always feel everyone truly sees that. This makes it so clear! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, isn't it nice? The comments were all sweet, though some more heartfelt than others.
    I watched a half hour video, made by Shady Grove, where they interview a few donors. If you want to hear from the donors' perspective- and the ones in this video are very altruistic and caring- here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maukoE5r7Sg

    ReplyDelete