Thursday, August 1, 2013

Weaning Begins...

Guess what? Amazing news: I am being weaned off my drugs!

I got the call late yesterday from one of my doctor's nurses. I am now dropping to two patches of estrogen instead of four, and one progesterone applicator a day instead of two.

Of course I am nervous as hell, because these medications are what has been feeding and supporting my pregnancy. But I guess my placenta must be starting to take over. We saw the yolk sack and the umbilical cord at yesterday's ultrasound- not sure if those things are related or what, but seems like it might be?

So, last night when my alarm went off at 8 pm, I just shut it off and continued reading my book. Totally weird.

I am really scared and really excited and, as usual, really tired  :)


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is HUGE! It must be strange -- freeing and yet terrifying -- to be off those medications that you've been on for so long. Trust that they wouldn't wean you off until that bean can handle it (ha, easier said than done I know), and know that the day when you are pregnant WITHOUT DRUGS is coming! What a fabulous milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Must feel like walking on out onto a tightrope.

    ReplyDelete