Monday, January 30, 2012

HSG Nightmare

Today I had my HSG test. It was awful. I had read descriptions of it not hurting and of it being absolutely terrible and painful, and mine fell somewhere in between, leaning towards terrible. I took 3 ibuprofens but I didn't expect it to hurt so much. Sharp, stabbing pains, worse than period cramps, and pressure from the dye being pushed in. Now I know the sharp cramping was from the clips holding onto my cervix. I was so glad Brian was there, especially when I felt so faint and dizzy and my blood pressure dropped once the procedure was over and I tried to sit up. They had to call a nurse to take my vital signs, but I was okay and allowed to leave after a few more minutes.

However, it's over, and I should never have to do one again. I spent all day resting and all afternoon sleeping, with continued grogginess and mild to medium cramping continuing. It's been a rough day. On the good side, I guess, my tubes are open and my uterus is normal. So, mystery still not solved.

Next appointment is in two days, to discuss next steps with Dr. F. I want to move forward with IVF soon.

I will write about my acupuncture session another day. I am not sure if I want to keep going, but I will give it another chance next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment