Thursday, June 13, 2013

Next stop: Atlanta!

Sometimes I take a step back and just have to laugh at the absurdity of this whole situation. Who would have ever thought I'd be packing a huge suitcase, saying goodbye to the cat and my bed, and getting in the car for a six hour drive, just to get knocked up? What most people do in the comfort of their beds (or various other locations, I guess) is requiring a road trip and week away for me. 

But, on the plus side, I am super excited that I am able to get in the car. My lining check this morning left me in tears. I was SO anxious when I woke up today that I forgot to put on my watch and wedding band, and left my lunch at home. I never do any of these things. This might be the first time I've forgotten my ring in the four years I've been married. I really was nervous and distracted.

Anyway, the news is that my lining has not progressed. It's still at 7 mm. I was deeply disappointed that it has not thickened, but the doctor in Atlanta said it has not gotten smaller, so I can still proceed. 

I was hoping for better news, but I know that I need to calm down and focus on the good news. We are leaving in just a few hours, and hopefully the embryos will be healthy and happy in there. 

Today: leave for Atlanta
Tomorrow at 9 am: eggs are thawed and B gives his "sample"
Tomorrow at 10:30 am: I meet with my doctor for the mock transfer
Saturday: fertilization report- this is a big deal, considering we've had crappy fertilization with my own eggs, and I will be very anxious till I receive this call
Monday or Wednesday: transfer, hopefully

Wish me luck, and next time I post it will be from the ATL!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck good luck good luck! I am so excited for you. I was also really interested in what the fertilization report would show, because that has been a major whittling for us from eggs retrieved to actual fertilization. Well, mystery solved. Our fertilization was WAYYY better, at 84% this time. The donor had a boatload of eggs retrieved, too--I am a little goofy over the news we've received over the past couple of days. I have 21 fertilized eggs! 6 they froze at Day 1 and the rest are culturing for a Day 5 transfer this coming week. I've NEVER HAD a fresh 5-day transfer before! This is so novel and exciting. We finally have our answer--it was my eggs all along. Feels good to have an answer and hopefully a solution but that stings a little. I really really really hope you also get great news to set your mind at peace over the lining and give you a pre-transfer boost! I'll be thinking of you on your babymaking road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What great news for you, I am so happy!
    We got wonderful news on Friday too. I'll update my blog in a few minutes. And yes, our answer is the same as yours: it was my crappy eggs. I'm sad but relieved. I know you understand.
    Thanks for checking in and congrats to you and your husband on this first step towards even better news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Here's hoping the good news train just keeps chugging along. I know I could get used to one good call after another... I hope this is the solution for both of us! :)

    ReplyDelete