Friday, June 28, 2013

Oh Happy Day

[To anyone reading who doesn't want to hear about an (early) pregnancy, stop here.]

Today is one of the happiest days of my life.

I AM PREGNANT!!!

I never thought I'd pee on a stick and see that happy little plus sign, but this morning I did. I was nauseous all day yesterday, though I assumed it was nerves. I didn't even want any chocolate after dinner- highly, highly unusual for me.

I slept okay, but I had pregnancy dreams all night. Happy ones. A little weird.

B woke me around 6:30 am. We went  into the bathroom, and I tested. I have never, ever ended a pregnancy test with anything but tears. I KNEW it would be negative and I braced myself for it. I picked up the test and began crying, and when I told him, so did he. It was positive. No mistaking that plus sign.

I can't describe the happiness I am feeling right now. I know I need to be cautious, because anything can happen. I don't even have the beta number yet (just came home from the clinic- won't hear back till afternoon). But I can't even think of this joy going away right now. I made my mom cry too. She was up early too, preparing the house for sitting shiva for my grandma's recent death (which unfortunately I can't go to- I'm not leaving town right now- but the memorial service will be later this summer and of course I can go to that). 

I am glad I never gave up, and I want good results for all of my other friends out there who are trying or who are reading this. 

4 comments:

  1. yea!!! Fabulous news! FX for the beta numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I am so happy for you! That is wonderful news! Unfortunately, my news wasn't so wonderful--it was a negative for me. I am stunned and shocked but grateful for my beautiful frozens and will be moving forward as immediately as possible with them so that I can join you on the other side! I hope that this is the beginning of a wonderful pregnancy journey for you and that your numbers come back strong and fabulous today. Here's to happy endings, some sooner than later but all of them coming to pass. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nooo. I am so sorry. Well I'm glad you have a plan and have so many healthy embryos just waiting for you.

      Delete
  3. Oh, my heart swells!

    I am so happy for you I could cry (if I weren't at work I would).

    Much love to you new mama!!! Woooooo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete