Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 3

Tonight will be the third night of injections.

Last night's shots weren't as bad as the first night. I still hate the "pen" for Follistim and the way it isn't a nice clean injection- B has to sort of jiggle it to inject all the medication, and it feels like the needle is moving around in me. And the Menopur is still such a huge needle that I can't even look at it, but the burning sensation last night wasn't as bad as the first night. Maybe I just knew what to expect.

After only two nights, my belly is already sore. I'm nervous about this. I still have 6-10 more nights! I am hoping that some of the soreness might just be from a hard workout at Body Pump last night. Maybe the abs work is contributing. In any case, last night was my last night at the gym for awhile. I am going to try walking at night when it cools off, but stay away from the strenuous classes that I enjoy so much at the gym. It's sad, but I don't want to take any risks. I'll ask the ladies at tomorrow night's support group about their experiences and how long they kept exercising.

Tomorrow is my first bloodwork, and I'm curious to see how my dosages will change. Hopefully they will give me an update, like to say if everything is proceeding as expected. I'll report back again tomorrow.

All of this feels very surreal. I can't believe it's really happening. Can you imagine just having sex and getting pregnant?? Crazy that it's all it takes for most lucky ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment