Wednesday, July 25, 2012

One Week Down, One Week To Go

I haven't been posting lately because I don't have much to say. My transfer was almost a week ago (last Thursday morning), and my test day is just under a week from now (next Tuesday morning). I am still doing Progesterone shots every night, which is a huge (literal) pain in the ass. 1 1/2 inch needles are just no fun. My tush is so sore that it's hard to lie down or get up from that position, and I can feel it in every step I take. Still, we are being good about taking hour long walks most evenings. I am avoiding my regular weights and cardio classes at the gym, so the walking is helpful in moving around and relieving stress.

Overall, my stress levels have been totally manageable. Because the progesterone creates pregnancy symptoms and I know it's just the medication, there is none of the hyper-analyzing and second-guessing that I normally have done during the two week waits. I know it's all from the shots, and so I don't freak out.

What I do: EAT. I am so hungry, and so often! Also, not to be gross, but they weren't kidding when they warned me about constipation. But, not so bad. The hunger and tiredness and sore boobs are more noticeable. Also, the morning sickness continues, though not every morning and not terrible.

B and I are just hoping and wishing so much for good news on Tuesday. Till then, I'll try not to dwell on things too much, and just hope for the best. Only six more nights and then... test day.

No comments:

Post a Comment