Thursday, July 19, 2012

Transfer Day: Cautiously Optimistic


Yesterday was awful. The doctor was supposed to call in the morning, but I didn't hear from him till 1:55 pm. He sounded really sad, and told me that of the 6 eggs harvested, only 1 was fertilized. One! One! He said it is likely a sperm problem, and next time, we should do ICSI, but there is nothing they can do for us now. Instead of waiting for 3 or 5 days, since I only had one anyway, he asked us to come in this morning for the transfer.

Last night was pretty bad. We were both so sad. 

Anyway, I went in this morning and they told me they had some good news: after they called me yesterday, 1 more fertilized. It was super slow which isn't a good sign for implantation, but they transferred them both into me this morning. There was nothing to freeze at all.

So, not very great news, but at least we had something. I was a poor responder, and we have sperm problems that we didn't know about. Oh well.

That's my update. Kind of numb and sleepy right now, so I'm skipping work and vegging out on the couch. This progesterone makes me sore and tired and so hungry. But I am grateful and calm, and hope I can remain that way for the next 12 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment