Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 4, and Bloodwork

I went in this morning, after three days of the shots, to get my bloodwork done. I had the blood drawn at 8 am, and the IVF nurse called just before 1 pm. My estrogen is low- around 99, and they like it to be 150 or higher at this point. So, I'm upping my Follistim, but leaving everything else the same. I need to order another Follistim this evening. Wonder how many hundreds and hundreds of dollars this will run me. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, my next visit is in two days- Thursday morning at 7:30 am. Another estrogen check, plus my first IVF ultrasound. I wonder what will be growing by then. This is all exciting!

In other news, tonight is the monthly RESOLVE support group meeting. I've been attending it since January, and it's been so helpful. B doesn't really like it- he feels reticent to talk to much about his feelings, and he has such a sunny outlook that he doesn't seem to need the support. But I find it very helpful to be able to recognize my feelings in what others say, and to get practical advice, and to learn about the different options and paths people are pursuing. I took over as facilitator recently, and put up a bunch of flyers at my clinic last week. Today someone new emailed me, as a result of the flyer, and I'm giving her a ride to the meeting tonight. I'm looking forward to the meeting this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment