Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Retrieval Day


My retrieval was today. But before that, I woke up at 4:30 am with the worst nausea I've had in years. I barely made it to the bathroom, and then I had to get my husband up because I couldn't walk back to bed. I was freaking out, thinking I'd gotten sick and couldn't do the retrieval. Well, once I told the IVF nurse, she didn't even think it was a big deal, and said many people get morning sickness from the HCG shot I took on Sunday night to trigger. Um, thanks crappy clinic. You could have warned me! I really thought I had the flu and my cycle would be cancelled.

Anyway, today was super easy, no pain at all, and the twilight sleep didn't knock me out but made me not care or feel anything. I only got 6 eggs though. I don't know why such a low number, but I will ask when the embryologist calls in the morning. I am trying to remain hopeful but I feel like it's such a low number, when I keep reading online that some people get so many more. Oh well.

That's my update. I slept from around noon to 6:30 tonight, and feel like I could sleep some more. But the nurse said tomorrow the anesthetic will have worn off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment