Saturday, July 7, 2012

First Night of Shots


So we did the first night of shots, about an hour ago. It was not fun. The Lupron is just little diabetic needles and I find those easy, but these two new shots were a whole 'nother story. 

The Menopur has to be mixed- you have to combine two vials into one, and replace needles, and it all has to be sterile. The Follistim comes in a "pen" which has to be loaded and then "dialed" to the correct amount. The Follistim wasn't too scary but the Menopur had a HUGE needle! The needle hurt, and the liquid burned as it went in. It bled for several minutes afterwards, though just a little bit.

But I survived, and B is doing all the mixing and giving me the shots (except the Lupron, I can keep doing that one). Only 7-11 more nights!

Although none of this is fun, I am so relieved and grateful that we made it to this point. Last time around, when I had to have the surgery, was such a disappointment. I am full of hope that in 3-4 weeks, I could be pregnant.

Off to get ready to go out to dinner with friends now. Looking forward to the evening out.

No comments:

Post a Comment